Veldhuis February 2018 Prayer Update
Dear Co-laborers In Christ,
Despite the many regretful delays with this update, fruit since our October letter has been too substantial to overlook thanking our great Jehovah-jireh or you for each victory.
“God is able to make all grace abound toward you that ye always having all sufficiency in all things may abound to every good work” (II Corinthians 9:8).
Phenomenal provisions from many of you and all three Yuma supporting churches for our October 26-28, 2017 Native Revival miraculously surpassed our daily needs and met each evangelist’s hundreds of miles’ travel expenses.
The spiritual fruit of new inroads into the extremely traditional May and San Diego families and the assurance of salvation of 30 year old Alex was enriched by the means of finishing major car repairs for our farthest driving couple.
How grateful we were for Heritage Baptist Church and so many of your gifts for a totally unimaginable prepaid vacation on the San Diego Bay, Nov. 6-9, 2017! Your humbling magnanimous recognition of our 26th anniversary of Cocopah work recharged us for December’s grueling load and enabled us to complete mammoth longstanding church driveway and vehicle repairs while packing some 300 bags of fruit and tracts. P.T.L. for rewarding otherwise forbidden door to door distribution of these “gift bags” with well attended evangelistic Christmas and New Year services and new church pick-ups.
PRAY for eternal fruit through Bible studies and church services as well as through Jacob and Lydia’s new 36 mile round trip route for youth night pickups. Pray that individual weekly Bible studies with some eleven teens will bring true saving faith and maturity to even those seriously damaged by parental substance abuse or blinded by the most pagan, satanic, traditional deceptions (II Corinthians 4:3 &4).
God’s hand was definitely on Jacob and Lydia January 25th, 2018 as they drove 200 miles and led early thirties Lydia B. and her cousin, “Pumpkin” to faith in Christ in front of unsaved family members prior to Lydia’s potentially fatal brain surgery that day. PRAY for Lydia B.’s health and both of their growth.
Jacob and Lydia’s additional non church times with Cocopah youth contributed both to winning teens and increasing their own burden to reach the entire nation. They are to be commissioned in September to join our mission and begin deputation toward working fulltime with us. Pray for wisdom and safety throughout deputation, as Lydia’s lung diseases are manageable at Yuma’s near sea level elevation but quickly decompensate without oxygen in the cold or at even a couple thousand feet.
Dangerous driving conditions and constant close contact with carriers of Hepatitis C, MRSA, Tuberculosis, and other diseases make your prayers for each of our health that much more critical. P.T.L. for getting me through another year’s strict C.D.L. medical tests as you PRAY for Dawn’s bronchitis, Betty’s spinal arthritis, Felipe’s neuro/cardiac needs, Chris and others’ mental health needs, and Lyetha and Roxanna’s safe baby deliveries.
We can’t thank you enough for your grace in so faithfully enabling and praying for our Lord’s Native work when we are so delinquent in updating you.
- Jacob and Lydia’s new North Cocopah Reservation Bible Club and steps to join our mission.
- 50 year old Joe’s survival from septic appendicitis and second chance to grow in Christ.
- Reconnection and follow up of relocated foster children of all ages.
- Successful treatment of all church building corrosion from our 2015 flood.
- Comfort and spiritual needs of the Davis family after 38 year old Anthony’s death.
- No tragedies from this month’s huge annual cash casino disbursements.
- New individual adult Bible studies with Adolfo, Darren, Darnel, Eric, Joe, and others.
- Ability to install church yard lights purchased fall 2017.
- Illumination and salvation of mentally limited or spiritually blinded souls.
- Pre-Easter revival meetings at Maranatha Baptist Church and our own Resurrection Sunday services.
- Preparations for summers Neighborhood Bible Time and camp ministries.
Gratefully Yours In Christ,
Michael and Dawn Veldhuis