Dear Friends in Christ,I had planned to write this letter last week but obviously, it didn’t get done. Today I’m thankful that I haven’t already sent it out so I can include yesterday’s joy!Last Sunday, a young father asked about a dedication service for his daughter who is only a few weeks old. This week, before the service, he and his wife were in the office to discuss it. When asked if he knew the Lord as his Saviour, the father quickly admitted that he was born again 8 years ago. However, the mother stated that she had never accepted Christ as her family was strong in their traditional beliefs. The Gospel message was explained, a message so simple but so very important. When asked if she would like to trust Christ, her response was YES! The husband looked at her in surprise. She then prayed to become a member of the family of Christ! Less than 2 months old, this little baby was used by God to lead someone to Christ!
Also that morning, another young lady who was visiting for the Easter service with her sister, accepted Christ as Saviour. Praise God! We had prayed that God might see fit to work in hearts and save a soul during the holiday services and He gave us 2 new sisters in Christ! Please pray with us for Mardisia and Sheila to grow in their knowledge and love for our Lord.
The closure of the main road into Page has affected our attendance. A couple of ladies who live on the other side of the collapsed road have not been to church and we pray that they are finding another church to fellowship in. At the same time, there are 2 families and some single ladies who live in Page but had been leaving on Sundays to attend church on the reservation. Because of the increased travel time, they have started to join us on Sundays. The young mother that was born again on Sunday is from one of these families and they have stated that they would like to make our church their new home church. Even “bad” things are used by God to bring about His plan.
The latest report on this road is not favorable to soon be traveling that shorter route. They are finding the ground is still “very unstable and that it is a wonder that the entire mountainside didn’t slide into Marble Canyon.” We are sorry that it occurred but thankful there were no tragedies as a result.
Plans are presently being made to make a trip in August to do the foundation for the building to house the radio station in Thorne Bay. We have a used pickup and camper that we plan to take to Alaska for transporting building supplies and a place to sleep during the building process. We will then leave the truck in Craig, AK, for future construction trips. However, the cost of taking this to Washington, transporting on the ferry to Ketchikan, then another ferry to Prince of Wales Island, the fuel while in Alaska and then a return flight home from Ketchikan to Phoenix is estimated around $3,000. If you would like to have a part in meeting this need, it would be appreciated. Please let us know.
There has been no progress in Sam’s dental trials. We are on hold as they are giving time for the mouth to heal before moving on. Thank you to those of you praying for this. Please continue.
Thank you to each of you for your interest in our ministry and for your financial help and prayers!
Sam & Janet