Dear Co-laborers in Christ,
The passing of our prayer warrior father and five more Cocopah since our April 2014 update multiplied the demands of ongoing labors while gripping us with the urgency of using every possible summer ministry to reach survivors with the gospel.
“But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not…”(II Cor.4:3-4)
Our daughter, Lydia, put her burden this way: “I grew up with the Native Americans with whom my parents work but never dreamed of standing over the coffin of my 24 year old childhood friend. We drifted apart as teens when she and her sister had chosen different paths than mine.
I went to shake Alfreda, her 59 year old nominally Christian mother’s hand, but she gave me a hug and sobbed on my shoulder. One month later, “I walked by Alfreda’s casket to comfort the family and to show her grandchildren in my Sunday School class a better path of life.”
Within a matter of days, 13 and 17 year olds Tyrus and Alyetha saw their relatives seek comfort in the alcohol that had just killed his uncle and her mother.
The ease of drug abuse and distribution by early teens led us to add a much longer North Reservation/ California bus route, driven by Silas, to our existing ones to disciple remote Natives.
Your PRAYERS for the well-being and growth of our struggling young people Angel, Autumn, Benicio, Cylas, Gabriel, Gilbert, Justice, Katie, Kaya, Lilly, Loren, Marriella, Molly, Mariah, Aria, Tyler, and Tyrus are as vital as your sadly unrecognized sacrifices for us this summer. We sincerely pray a glimpse of our Lord’s fruit will return His blessings to you.
- Dawn’s clearance of lung or cardiovascular as causes of her weakness.
- Uncomplicated September 29 removal of tumor from Lydia’s chest found to be benign.
- Gospel messages to Natives at funerals who might never hear it otherwise.
- The Henderson’s and our family’s enabling my April/May deputation trip.
- Our family’s ability to drive to Grandpa Veldhuis’ Arkansas funeral in June
- Repairs of vehicles and our prophet’s chamber in time for Neighborhood Bible Time.
- Professions of faith by juniors Cylas, Lilly, Tyler, and teens Benicio and Julia through NBT July 6-11th.
- 12 young people making it 500 miles safely to camp after engine repairs from a runaway vehicle halfway there.
- Professions at Indian camp from our 11 and 15 year olds Autumn and Gabriel G. as well as natives from elsewhere.
- September 27ths Bill Rice Youth Rally in Phoenix as a follow-up of summer decisions.
- Fruitful jail Bible studies with Brandon, Kenneth, Enrique, Demetrius, Jessica and Oscar among others.
- Provisions for and saving grace through our Nov. 3-5 tent revival with Native evangelists and Arizona churches.
- Conversions of Millie, Mary, Shirley, and other seniors who have heard but not believed the gospel.
- Daren’s healing from a spinal infection and he and his five adult siblings’ revival.
- Determination of the etiology and best care for Dawn’s weakness.
- Lydia’s strength for daily activities and ministries through her emphysema, asthma, and pulmonary hypertension.
- Wisdom winning unreached souls through Christmas ministries.
- My healing from a back injury sustained in July.
Yours For Forgotten Peoples,
Michael, Dawn, Lydia, and Silas Veldhuis