Veldhuis Fall 2015 Prayer Letter
Dear Praying Friends and Family,
“And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us,(and we beheld His glory: the glory of the only begotten of the Father), full of grace and truth…And of His fullness have all we received and grace for grace. John 1:14-16
Our Lord’s miraculous protection and sustenance through the last several months’ seemingly uninterrupted challenges speak as much to His all-sufficient unmerited favor as they do to the vital role of your prayers in His Native work.
May a few highlights of the fruit of your sacrificial support of every sort do what words fail to do and reward you as you have us. THANK YOU for making the promise of Deuteronomy 33:25 a living reality to us”…as thy days, so shall thy strength be.”
PTL for rewarding Lydia’s months of respiratory therapy and almost zero salt intake with a safe heart cath, June 2. Slightly improved atrial pressure cleared her of cardiac contributions to her worsening shortness of breath. The pulmonary hypertension itself made helping at summer camps at over 2,000 feet elevation too risky, but confirmed her calling to Sunday School, Bible Time, and school teaching at our 200 ft level. PRAY for her strength keeping up with Bible club and school children as well as for her Nov. 20, 2015 evaluation of worsening nonparallel eye tracking. Visual problems jeopardize her driving.
BLESS our Lord for three young people and three adult professions of faith through Neighborhood Bible Time’s hundreds of miles’ daily driving, June 28-July 3! PRAY for Benicio, Eric, Joe, Lilly, Tyler, and others’ growth. Jessica moved to an unknown address far away and even locals are very difficult to find.
Benicio, Darnell, Eric, Edward, and Tyrus got a huge spiritual boost through Apache Creek Camp’s Native week, July 27-August 1. PRAY the week’s concentrated Bible teaching 500 miles away from reservation temptations will help deliver them from the apathy, drugs, immorality, or open opposition deeply entangling some of them in sin.
Individual Bible studies, Biblical rehab, and counseling are additional tools in discipling new believers. THANK the Lord for James B. and Raoul O’s conversions and victories in state prisons as well as Jessica H, Ricky, and Toni’s growth after rehab.
PRAY for similar repentance, conversions, or growth for Arturo, Ashley, Belinda, Daren, Delsie, Karen, Kelsey, Laura, Millie, Valerye, both Sarahs, and Victor through our Nov. 2-6 camp meeting with Native preachers.
P.T.L. for the phenomenal gifts and prayers that met immediate family needs and enabled us to complete thousands of dollars’ of church building and house repairs from a September 8th micro burst
just in time for our camp meeting! Ask the Lord for safety and His messages for evangelists travelling up to 500 miles each way.
To God be the glory for the immediate help responsible for my rescue from a near fatal heart attack working late in 106 degree weather, Sept. 26. How grateful we are for the prayers, angioplasty, stents, cardiac therapy, and exercises through which I quickly resumed all mission work (“at a slightly reduced pace”) with no heart damage.
The Hastrichs’ help preaching and carrying out visitation and other ministries undoubtedly contributed to Dawn’s improved overall health. Lydia’s substitute teaching and Silas’s full time university and work make us that much more grateful for the Hastrich’s help and your prayers for Dawn’s underlying vasculitis and diabetes.
Your prayers and oft- unrecognized sacrifices for the following blessings and requests are equally important and are appreciated far more than our rare letters suggest.
· The return of Tyrus, Tyler, Lilly, and Lilah to their mother Lorie and aunt, Roxanna.
· Good September 12th youth conference in Phoenix with Bill Rice’s West Branch.
· Excellent follow-up through the Hastrich’s King’s Kids Club.
· Refreshing Pastor’s School at our sending church in Meridian, ID, Aug. 11-14.
· Blessed missions’ meetings in Oregon and Washington State, Aug.23-26 ‘15.
· Strength through our mission’s annual conference, Oct. 1-3.
· Travel expenses for our camp meeting evangelists and help from Arizona supporting churches.
· Fourteen year old Tyrus’ growth and deliverance from bitterness over his mother’s addictions.
· Ricky and Toni’s marital struggles in the face of huge mental and physical needs.
· Lydia’s teacher certification, full time job, and eye care.
· Silas’ overwhelming load and university expenses.
· Edward’s return to the Lord and health and disability needs.
· True conversions and/ or growth of uncommitted Alvanez, Barley, Hayes, Jim. Miller, Phillips, Serrano, Stevens, Thomas, and Twist family members through our camp meeting and December ministries.
· Each of our strength and health.
Your Co-laborers in Christ,
Michael, Dawn, Lydia, and Silas Veldhuis